Currently, I’m a
UX/UI (User Experience / User Interface) Designer at Principal Financial Group.
Ask me about what I do there – I get into some interesting projects and niches. Things like:
- Iterative experience design, from brainstorming, concepts and research, to prototyping, refining and implementing. It’s all fun stuff!
- Web analytics work, finding meaning in dense information.
- A/B testing and Conversion Rate Optimization. This is new stuff at Principal, and I’m excited to help push it forward.
- Lots of presenting ideas, coordinating, and project management. All things I’m getting better at, but want to get much better at.
student at Iowa State University.
I’m working through a Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and should graduate in 2020. I’ve covered a lot of topics, like:
- HCI principles and models
- Game based learning
- Cognitive psychology
- AR / VR applications
- Journalism and mass communication
- Tech ethics and philosophy
In the past, I’ve
interned as a UX designer
- at Visual Logic Group, a UX consultancy in NE Iowa.
completed an undergraduate degree in Interactive Digital Studies.
- I did an undergraduate thesis examining online subcultures and content creation.
- I’m proud to have earned a presidential scholarship, academic honors, and graduated cum laude.